Teaching Chic and Cheap

A not-so mild mannered high school teacher by day; by night a budget-conscious fashionista in some seriously hot shoes.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Casual Saturday Date Night


The weather in Boston is very unpleasant at the moment. It's been wet, overcast, and chilly. As much as I love New England in the Fall, days like today don't allow for much in the way of cute outfits. Whereas normally I'd be all over knee high boots, fun jackets, and patterned scarves, today is all about comfort and practicality. Today would be the perfect day to sit in front of a fireplace with some warm apple cider.

But since we don't have a fireplace or any warm apple cider, my husband and I decided that tonight would be the perfect night for a movie date night.

I didn't feel like getting all jazzed up, only to have the wind and rain ruin my efforts, so I decided to keep it simple, casual, and comfy. Jeans and a boyfriend cardigan are always the perfect solution to combat yucky weather.
Boyfriend cardigan: Old Navy. Jeans: Old Navy "Diva" skinnies. Striped t-shirt: H&M. Kitten heels: East 5th (gifted from MIL; brand sold at JC Penney). Purse: Fendi (gift from hubby). Earrings: Forever21. Watch: Michael Kors (gifted from hubby).

How do you dress when the weather is dreary? What do you wear on a casual date?

No comments:

Post a Comment