Teaching Chic and Cheap

A not-so mild mannered high school teacher by day; by night a budget-conscious fashionista in some seriously hot shoes.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Ladylike Leather


The weather in Boston continues to be wet and bone-chilling. I'd pay someone for some sunshine right about now.

However, the chilly 55-degree weather is a perfect excuse to wear my new faux leather jacket from Target. I saw this and instantly fell in love with the detailing: puffed cap sleeves, buttons and zippers, and some nipping in at the waist thanks to some strategically placed elastic. It's a bit loose on my frame, but the extra room allows me to make good use of the pocket space. I can easily fit my cellphone and card case in there with some room to spare, and there are no unsightly bulges.

I don't know how well it will hold up over time, since it is cheap and faux leather. But it suits my purpose for now.

To make it a softer look, I threw on some pearls and glass beads, added a sock bun, and out the door I went!

*My cat Hobbes felt like modeling himself. He's quite the fashion friendly feline, if I say so myself. His favorite sleeping spot is my laundry basket.*

Jacket: Target. Jeans: Old Navy. Tank: Charlotte Russe (at least five years old). Shirt: Banana Republic (originally $34, snagged it on sale for $20). Flats: Kelsi Dagger (c/o Marshalls). Necklaces/stud earrings: Wal-Mart. Bracelet: Pandora (gift from family). Bag: Coach (a "Just Because" gift from husband).

How do you feel about Target steals?

No comments:

Post a Comment